NIKKAH – MARRIAGE SERVICES
ICF Facility Use For Nikah Guideline: Click Here
Nikah is an act worship. In Islam Nikah is an agreement and contract between the husband and wife in accordance to the Qura’an and The Sunnah of the Holy Prophet Mohammed (Peace be upon Him).
Allah says in Qur’an “ And of His signs is that He created for you from yourselves mates that you may find tranquillity in them; and He placed between you affection and mercy. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought.” 30:21
The following are the requirements in order to get your Nikah conducted by ICF:
- Mutual agreement (Ijab-O-Qubul) by the bride and the groom
- the presence of two Muslim witnesses for the groom and a guardian (wali) for the bride
- Marriage License from the local county (72 hours waiting time before Nikah ceremony, license must be valid for 30 days.)
- Mahr (marriage-gift) to be paid by the groom to the bride either immediately (muajjal) or deferred (muakhkhar), or a combination of both.
- If previously married, date and certificate of divorce.
- Photo ID of bride, groom and witnesses
- The official city marriage license is then signed by the marriage officiant. ICF representative will take the original license and mail it to the city for registration of the marriage
To request the ICF Imam to officiate your marriage please fill out the form below: