ICF TECHNICAL SERVICES COMMITTEE
The Technical Services Committee (“Committee”) shall exist for the purpose of implementing and maintaining the Islamic Center of Frisco’s (“Center”) technological and electronic investments under the guidance of the Board of Directors (“Shura”). This Committee shall serve at the direction of and at the pleasure of the Board. This Committee shall have no authority to speak on behalf of the Board or to bind the Center financially or contractually.
||To open a support request, email firstname.lastname@example.org
The vision of the Technical Services Committee is to provide a ubiquitous, secure, and seamless experience to all types of information resources available through a reliable and robust infrastructure to enhance Islamic learning and help the Islamic Center of Frisco achieve its operational, educational, and outreach objectives.
The mission of the ICF Technical Services Committee is to build a quality and comprehensive technology infrastructure, establish and maintain an effective operational environment, and deliver quality, prompt, cost-effective, and reliable technology services. The Technical Services Committee will coordinate with other departments and Committees to provide easy access to technology resources and support should issues arise.
Responsibilities of this Committee include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Under the direction of the Shura, the Committee will assess and evaluate the financial, strategic, and operational benefits of technology-related projects or initiatives and propose changes that will help enhance ICF’s technology and operational strategies.
- The Committee will periodically review the reliability, security, and risks of any digital or cloud-based platforms and ensure that they meet the best interests of ICF. Additionally, the Committee shall respond to and mitigate technical issues as they arise.
- The Committee will provide support to the ICF shura, staff, and Committees and ensure that adequate access to information resources is available and ensure seamless technical reliability and experience.
- The Committee is responsible for maintaining the ICF website (and any sub-sites), Google Workspace (email/productivity platform), donor/membership management systems, human resources platform, asset management systems, access control/surveillance, audio/visual systems, and any physical inventory (computers, laptops, tablets, MOHID kiosks, etc.)
- Maintain the wireless and wired network infrastructure and ensure seamless and secure Internet connectivity for staff, students, and guests on the physical premise of ICF.
- Being available for technical assistance through the ICF Support Helpdesk. Any technical support inquiries shall receive a response within 24 hours and be escalated to the appropriate parties as needed.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Board from time to time.
The ICF Technical Services Committee is currently looking for technically skilled and committed volunteers to join the team to help us handle day-to-day operations and achieve our long-term vision as our community grows. Please review the responsibilities of the committee and the below expectations before applying for a position. Training and support will be provided if you are unfamiliar with some of the systems listed, so you are encouraged to apply if you are willing to learn!
We are looking for volunteers in the following areas:
- Website Management – help us maintain our website (Joomla CMS)
- Digital Media (live streaming) – work with Marketing Team to manage live streaming
- Google Workspace – help us manage our Google accounts from the admin portal
- Network/Audio – maintain Cisco Meraki & Yamaha audio systems in the masjid, and help us plan for expansion
- Preferably 16 years or older
- Have your own computer and reliable internet access
- Be able to work in an organized and detail-oriented manner
- Occasionally work with minimal supervision
- Be familiar with website design/basic HTML, Google Workspace, audio/visual systems, basic networking, inventory keeping, and other computer skills
- Be able to troubleshoot problems faced and communicate with the team when needing assistance
- Be able to dedicate around 4-5 hours weekly and participate in biweekly meetings