Allah says in Qur’an, “And of His signs is that He created for you from yourselves mates that you may find tranquillity in them; and He placed between you affection and mercy. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought.” 30:21
Nikah is an act worship. In Islam Nikah is an agreement and contract between husband and wife in accordance to the Qur’an and Sunnah of the Holy Prophet Mohammed (Peace be upon Him).
ICF Facility Use For Nikah Guidelines: Click Here
The following are the requirements in order to get your Nikah conducted by ICF:
- Mutual agreement (Ijab-O-Qubul) by the bride and the groom
- Presence of two Muslim witnesses for the groom and a guardian (wali) for the bride
- Marriage license from the local county (72 hours waiting time before Nikah ceremony, license must be valid for 30 days)
- Mahr (marriage-gift) to be paid by the groom to the bride either immediately (muajjal) or deferred (muakhkhar), or a combination of both
- If previously married, date and certificate of divorce(s)
- Photo ID of bride, groom, and witnesses
- Official city marriage license to be signed by the marriage officiant.
- $250.00 fee paid to the masjid with receipt, plus $500.00 retainer check delivered to the administration (this fee does not include an honorarium for the sheikh performing the service)